Blacks, Blues, Black! Episode 9 fragment (Updated last month)
Location excerpts shot on 16mm film from episode 9 of KQED's 1968 series Blacks, Blues, Black!, which features Maya Angelou interviewing Mary Jane Hewitt of UC Berkeley, who accompanies her as they meet with community members on the streets of Watts in Los Angeles. She is trying to establish how the process of urban regeneration has been progressing since the social unrest ("riots") there in 1965. Note that the complete episode can now be viewed in DIVA.
Added to San Francisco Bay Area Television Archive on January 23, 2015.
- Originally aired on: KQED
- Date aired: c1968
- Recording medium: 16mm color co-magnetic sound film
- Type of material: series
- Rights for this video belong to: NCPB/KQED
- Duration: 16:48
- KQ 32-2.mp4 (144.23 MB – MPEG4 video)
- Views: 8448 (356 for this version)