"It’s fun to eat" with Elena
KPIX-TV cooking program, produced in San Francisco by Richard Dinsmore, featuring scenes of Elena Zelayeta and her son Billy demonstrating how to prepare a pickled tuna recipe using 'fresherator' cookware products. This program was filmed by Willat and Diner to air in the Los Angeles area and was written by Jean Welke. It is of note that Elena was blind and had strings attached to her ankles on-set. There were two cameras filming her and when she needed to turn from one camera to another, someone would tug on the appropriate string to let her know (S.F. Examiner, 2/3/1953).
Added to Bay Area Television Archive on September 25, 2011.
- Type of material: special program
- Duration: 11:34
- Rights for this video belong to: CBS5 KPIX-TV
- Recording medium: 16mm b&w optical sound
- Date aired: c1950s
- Originally aired on: KPIX-TV
- KPIX 146814.mp4 (97.31 MB – MPEG4 video)
- Views: 7707 (6920 for this version)