Elizabeth McDonald On Job Discrimination Against Women
KPIX Eyewitness news report from 23rd of August 1972 featuring a press conference in which Elizabeth McDonald discusses her attempt to get an appointment to interview for J.C. Penny's management trainee program. After being told that they only want men to apply McDonald explains that she re-applied using her brother's name: "Well I don't have a brother, I gave her my qualifications and showed up at 3 o'clock on the afternoon in my mini-skirt and I said hi, I'm Edward G. McDonald, I'm here for my appointment." The TV Archive would like to thank guest-intern Siân Williams who repaired, remastered, catalogued and edited this newsfilm for the web.
Added to Bay Area Television Archive on October 1, 2011.
- Originally aired on: KPIX-TV
- Date aired: 8/23/1972
- Recording medium: 16mm color, co-magnetic sound film
- Rights for this video belong to: CBS5 KPIX-TV
- Duration: 1:45
- Type of material: archival newsfilm
- KPIX 109400.mp4 (16.83 MB – MPEG4 video)
- Views: 1848 (1782 for this version)