Gardens on 18th Street (2 of 3)
You can view this bundle in the Max Kirkeberg Collection collection area.
The nearest building is 4311, a residence, then the garden. The other Victorian at 4321-3 is used for the offices associated with Most Holy Redeemer, including the Most Holy Redeemer AIDS Support Group. The Most Holy Redeemer's AIDS Support Group was a response to AIDS. In the past, volunteers worked one-on-one with clients and committed themselves to 4 hours a week of housecleaning, meals, driving to the doctor, etc. By 2004, there is still a one-on-one, but the schedule varies. In the past, the clients died very soon after they asked for help. Today, they are living longer and they are older. As of 2004, they had 129 clients.
- Created by
- Kirkeberg, Max
- Slide ID
- Emeritus Professor Max Kirkeberg, Department of Geography, San Fransisco State University
- San Francisco, California
- San Francisco State University
castro-09-18-05.tif (5.14 MB – TIFF image)
- Downloads: 90 (81 for this version)
- Views: 628 (521 for this version)