African American models picket Channel 2 (Updated over a year ago)
KTVU News footage from September 1968 featuring views of African American models picketing outside KTVU Channel 2 in Oakland, in an attempt to get television coverage of their fight to secure jobs in the Bay Area's TV and advertising industry. A spokeswoman states that: "We're trying to get news coverage to let people out in the audience, the advertising firms know that these black women are qualified for jobs in TV." Includes views of the models picketing and holding up signs, one of which reads "Black is Beautiful." Opening graphic designed by Carrie Hawks.
Added to San Francisco Bay Area Television Archive on March 24, 2015.
- Type of material: archival newsfilm
- Duration: 1:02
- Rights for this video belong to: Cox Enterprises Inc/KTVU
- Recording medium: 16mm co-magentic sound film
- Date aired: September 1968
- Originally aired on: KTVU