The Love Book: Interview with Marshall Krause (Updated a year ago)
KPIX-TV special report by Jim Harwood featuring a look at the protracted court case over whether Lenore Kandel's The Love Book should be considered "obscene" under California state law. Includes an interview with attorney for the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) Marshall Krause, who is asked to reflect on whether the length of this case will have any impact on any future obscenity cases being brought to trial. Ends with a silent close up of Harwood holding The Love Book. Opening graphic designed by Carrie Hawks.
Added to San Francisco Bay Area Television Archive on November 18, 2016.
- Type of material: local newsfilm
- Duration: 3:29
- Rights for this video belong to: CBS5 KPIX-TV
- Recording medium: 16mm b&w magentic sound film
- Date aired: 1/20/1968
- Originally aired on: KPIX-TV
- KPIX 34435.mp4 (58.23 MB – MPEG4 video)
- KPIX 34435-still.jpg (119.89 KB – JPEG image)
- Views: 465 (458 for this version)