Levi Strauss & Company building at 250 Valencia Street - 1983

About This Item

This building was under construction in 1906, and was rebuilt after the 1906 fires. The architect was Albert Pissis. In the 1960s, Levi Strauss remodeled it into offices and included a playground in front for employees' children. In the 1990s, the playground slowly evolved into more parking and less kids. High-end jeans were manufactured here for the Japanese market, and they also offered tours. In 2002, they closed as Levi's closed 3,300 U.S. stores and moved its production overseas. In September of 2005, The Friends School bought the building and planned to move here from the Castro area by the fall of 2006. The Friends School is the only Bay Area Quaker school. See related slides for additional views.

Created by
Kirkeberg, Max
Date
2/20/83
Slide ID
MiN-Valencia-200-W-09
Type
35 mm slide
Format
TIFF
Source
Max Kirkeberg Collection
Locale
San Francisco, California
Rights
Public
Views
525

Related Items

Comments

There are not yet any comments on this bundle. Be the first to comment!

Add comment