James Broughton, Two Plays: May 23, 1957 (Updated over a year ago)
The Poetry Center presents a performance of two plays by James Broughton, Mother, Reality & Happiness and The Last Word, or What to Say About It, performed at the Six Gallery.Click here to listen to this audio file
Live performance at the Six Gallery of James Broughton's plays Mother, Reality, & Happiness (featuring Joyce Lancaster, Dion Chesse, Jayne Nesmith, Ray Higgins, Lyland Mills, Richard Mauerhan, and Mary McDonald) and The Last Word, or What To Say About It (featuring Ida Hodes and James Broughton).
Reading at Six Gallery Re-Creation: March 11, 1956 Helen Adam: April 7, 1957 James Keilty, Two Plays: January 25, 1959 Robert Duncan: May 18, 1959 The Dead Stretcher Bearer.
- Originally Recorded By: The Poetry Center
- Location: Six Gallery, San Francisco
- Date: 05/23/57
- Total Run Time: 00:45:39
- Contributor: Ida Hodes, Joyce Lancaster, Dion Chesse, Jayne Nesmith, Ray Higgins, Lyland Mills, Richard Mauerhan, Mary McDonald
- Introduction to play (00:04)
- Play 1: "Mother, Reality & Happiness" (01:24)
- Audio interruption (30:59)
- Play 2: "The Last Word, or What to Say About It" (31:10)
ContentMaterial for download
BroughtonJames19570523DIG.mp3 (20.90 MB – MP3 audio)
- Downloads: 98 (98 for this version)
- Listens: 863 (859 for this version)
CollectionsThis material is part of the Poetry Center Digital Archive currated collections:
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Non Commercial- ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. For all other uses please email The Poetry Center.