Art in Action exhibition (Updated over a year ago)
Silent, color footage from the Golden Gate International Exposition on Treasure Island in San Francisco (1939/40), produced by Orville C. Goldner. Features scenes from the Art in Action exhibition, including coverage of Diego Rivera and Thelma Johnson Streat working on the Pan American Unity Mural and of various artists demonstrating: sculpture; mosaics; printing; doll making; weaving; pottery and axe carving.
To access more detailed information about Rivera's work on the Pan American Unity Mural, visit City College of San Francisco's The Diego Rivera Mural Project (web link below):
Added to San Francisco Bay Area Television Archive on September 24, 2011.
- Type of material: Kodachrome amateur film
- Recording medium: 16mm color silent film
- Date aired: 1939/40
- Originally aired on: Orville C. Goldner
- Goldner 3.mp4 (110.72 MB – MPEG4 video)
- Views: 19169 (12732 for this version)