Interest in Alcatraz occupation grows (Updated over a year ago)
KPIX's Ben Williams reports from Alcatraz Island on 29th November 1969, where support for the American indian occupation continues to grow. Features views of Fisherman's Wharf and also short interviews with Harvey Wells and Mrs Hart. Williams ends with a summary to camera: "The Indian invaders of Alcatraz are convinced their conquest is not a temporary one. Long range planning strategy is already being made and spokesmen say they're taking each day as it comes ... They say the next move is up to the American government."
Added to San Francisco Bay Area Television Archive on September 22, 2009.
- Originally aired on: KPIX Eye on the Bay News
- Date aired: 11/29/1969
- Recording medium: 16mm color magnetic sound film
- Rights for this video belong to: CBS5 KPIX-TV
- Duration: 3:04
- Type of material: archival news film
- Event: Occupation of Alcatraz
- KPIX 100786.mp4 (24.52 MB – MPEG4 video)
- Views: 1798 (1798 for this version)
- Imported from external collection.
- Update by Alex Cherian over a year ago