Indian Support Press Conference (Updated over a year ago)
KPIX news report from a press conference outside the Mission Area Community Action Center in San Francisco, on December 15th 1969. A spokesman points out, in support of the occupation of Alcatraz, that: "The American people … likes a problem which it can solve as easily as it can by letting the Indians have a piece of land which we haven't known any particular good use for anyway." Ends with another activist contending that the Federal government should be happy to turn over surplus land to the Indians, for the purpose of education and vocational training.
Added to San Francisco Bay Area Television Archive on September 22, 2009.
- Originally aired on: KPIX Eye on the Bay News
- Date aired: 12/15/1969
- Recording medium: 16mm color magnetic sound film
- Rights for this video belong to: CBS5 KPIX-TV
- Duration: 1:30
- Type of material: archival news film
- Event: Occupation of Alcatraz
- KPIX 100898.mp4 (11.81 MB – MPEG4 video)
- Views: 1147 (1147 for this version)
- Imported from external collection.
- Update by Alex Cherian over a year ago