Rock show benefit announced for Alcatraz (Updated over a year ago)
KPIX news report featuring an interview with a rock promoter on December 27th 1969, who describes how two shows at the Geary Theater in San Francisco will be staged to benefit American Indians occupying Alcatraz Island. One of the acts confirmed for the first show is Big Brother & the Holding Company. In a separate interview, activist Al Miller outlines their intentions to apply for financial aid to support the occupation, stating: "The government of course has to kick in several million to help build up the island and retribute for what it's done to the Californian Indians here."
Added to San Francisco Bay Area Television Archive on September 4, 2011.
- Originally aired on: KPIX Eye on the Bay News
- Date aired: 12/27/1969
- Recording medium: 16mm color magnetic sound film
- Rights for this video belong to: CBS5 KPIX-TV
- Duration: 2:00
- Type of material: archival news film
- Event: Occupation of Alcatraz