Indian & Federal press conferences (Updated over a year ago)
KPIX news report from January 15th 1970 featuring excerpts from two press conferences, in which an American Indian spokesman declares, in regard to negotiations with the Federal government, that: "We're going to have to sit down with somebody and tell them what we want. But when we do this, we want them to do something about it." Ends with a government representative explaining their official criteria to determine a failure to report "welfare fraud."
Added to San Francisco Bay Area Television Archive on September 22, 2009.
- Originally aired on: KPIX Eye on the Bay News
- Date aired: 1/15/1970
- Recording medium: 16mm color magnetic sound film
- Rights for this video belong to: CBS5 KPIX-TV
- Duration: 1:46
- Type of material: archival news film
- Event: Occupation of Alcatraz
- KPIX 101130.mp4 (14.61 MB – MPEG4 video)
- Views: 1543 (1543 for this version)
- Imported from external collection.
- Update by Alex Cherian over a year ago