Lake County Indians on Rattlesnake Island (Updated over a year ago)
KPIX's Pat O'Brien reports from the Elem Pomo Indian occupation of Rattlesnake Island, at Clear Lake in Lake County (Northern California), on May 19th 1970. There are views of rowing over to the island and of the Pomo settlement there. Features an interview with a company representative (claiming ownership of the land) who states: "We think eventually that the island may have a significant developmental potential as basically a leisure community." Also includes an interview with a Pomo Indian spokesman, who explains the island: "Has always been our ... ancestral home ... I don't think we ever gave it up."
Added to San Francisco Bay Area Television Archive on September 22, 2009.
- Originally aired on: KPIX Eye on the Bay News
- Date aired: 5/19/1970
- Recording medium: 16mm color magnetic sound film
- Rights for this video belong to: CBS5 KPIX-TV
- Duration: 6:41
- Type of material: archival news film
- Event: Occupation of Alcatraz
- KPIX 102108.mp4 (54.78 MB – MPEG4 video)
- Views: 3439 (3439 for this version)
- Imported from external collection.
- Update by Alex Cherian over a year ago