Indians signing agreement (Updated over a year ago)
KPIX news report from a press conference held on September 4th 1970, in which a reporter poses the question to DHEW Regional Director Robert Coop: "Do you think you can solve the problems of the Bay Area Indians and leave out the problem of Alcatraz?" Coop replies: "I think Alcatraz is a national situation ... And if we get involved in that kind of a question, we're not going to be able to respond to the problems that they've got today on Mission Street or anywhere else." There are also views of an agreement being signed.
Added to San Francisco Bay Area Television Archive on September 22, 2009.
- Originally aired on: KPIX Eye on the Bay News
- Date aired: 9/4/1970
- Recording medium: 16mm color magnetic sound film
- Rights for this video belong to: CBS5 KPIX-TV
- Duration: 1:39
- Type of material: archival news film
- Event: Occupation of Alcatraz
- KPIX 103117.mp4 (13.43 MB – MPEG4 video)
- Views: 1140 (1140 for this version)
- Imported from external collection.
- Update by Alex Cherian over a year ago