Indian fishing rights in San Francisco (Updated over a year ago)
KPIX news report from Pier 40 in San Francisco about a group of American Indians who are fighting to retain fishing rights, on October 12th 1970. Ed Arnow interviews Al Bridges who explains they are selling their fish in San Francisco to help support a camp in Washington state and to provide funds for the American Indian Association. Bridges also states: "What we want is to ... regain and retain our treaty rights." Features scenes of locals purchasing fish from the Indians.
Added to San Francisco Bay Area Television Archive on November 16, 2009.
- Originally aired on: KPIX Eye on the Bay News
- Date aired: 10/12/1970
- Recording medium: 16mm color magnetic sound film
- Rights for this video belong to: CBS5 KPIX-TV
- Duration: 3:07
- Type of material: archival news film
- Event: Occupation of Alcatraz