Indian occupation of army base near Davis continues (Updated over a year ago)
KPIX's Ben Williams reports from an army communications camp seven miles West of Davis on November 4th 1970, where a group of American Indians is continuing its recent occupation of land. An Indian spokesman confirms there has been no official reaction yet to their presence and agrees with the assessment of a reporter who comments: "It's been a pretty friendly take over so far."
Added to San Francisco Bay Area Television Archive on September 22, 2009.
- Originally aired on: KPIX Eye on the Bay News
- Date aired: 11/4/1970
- Recording medium: 16mm color magnetic sound film
- Rights for this video belong to: CBS5 KPIX-TV
- Duration: 1:08
- Type of material: archival news film
- Event: Occupation of Alcatraz
- KPIX 103607.mp4 (9.45 MB – MPEG4 video)
- Views: 2273 (2273 for this version)
- Imported from external collection.
- Update by Alex Cherian over a year ago