Hopi Indian law suit (Updated over a year ago)
KPIX news report from a press conference held by Hopi Indian representatives on May 14th 1971, who are bringing a law suit against the strip mining of land near their reservation in the Four Corners region. David Monongye states: "I was very glad to learn that many people had responded to our cause ... I hope something will come out of it, so that we may not destroy our mother Earth ... We do not want our mother to be destroyed."
Added to San Francisco Bay Area Television Archive on June 9, 2010.
- Originally aired on: KPIX Eye on the Bay News
- Date aired: 5/14/1971
- Recording medium: 16mm color magnetic sound film
- Rights for this video belong to: CBS5 KPIX-TV
- Duration: 1:46
- Type of material: archival news film
- Event: Occupation of Alcatraz