Indians occupy Nike Missile site in San Pablo (Updated over a year ago)
KPIX news report from a Nike missile site in San Pablo on June 14th 1971, where American Indian activists have just initiated another occupation of land, following their removal from Alcatraz. Features inteviews with a local law enforcement officer and Indian spokesman John Trudell, who informs the press: "This is happening because the government did what they did on Alcatraz. We haven't forgotten. If the government would've made some kind of honorable settlement there and wouldn't have lied to us, this wouldn't be necessary here right now."
Added to San Francisco Bay Area Television Archive on September 22, 2009.
- Originally aired on: KPIX Eye on the Bay News
- Date aired: 6/14/1971
- Recording medium: 16mm color magnetic sound film
- Rights for this video belong to: CBS5 KPIX-TV
- Duration: 8:05
- Type of material: archival news film
- Event: Occupation of Alcatraz
- KPIX 105412.mp4 (69.81 MB – MPEG4 video)
- Views: 3937 (3937 for this version)
- Imported from external collection.
- Update by Alex Cherian over a year ago