In the Marketplace (Updated a year ago)
KPIX-TV documentary film from c1966 examining the changing image of the Episcopal Church in California and focussing on how: "The Church in Ignacio [Marin County, California] offers tangible evidence of a changing Christian self awareness." Includes interviews with Bishop James Pike and Rev Charles Gompertz who explain their conviction that in order to be relevant in modern American society, the church must actively serve its local community. Also includes views of Vince Guaraldi's choral Eucharist being played and scenes of worship and socializing in the church. This film was produced and directed by Merle Ellis and narrated by John Caple, with music by Vince Guaraldi.
Added to San Francisco Bay Area Television Archive on May 28, 2015.
- Originally aired on: KPIX-TV
- Date aired: 1966
- Recording medium: 16mm b&w optical sound film
- Rights for this video belong to: CBS5 KPIX-TV
- Duration: 25:11
- Type of material: documentary film
- V63794-4.mp4 (211.68 MB – MPEG4 video)
- Views: 2775 (913 for this version)