Luther Burbank (A Gardener of Eden) (Updated over a year ago)
KPIX-TV documentary film, narrated by John Caple, from 1967 about the life and work of American botanist, horticulturalist and pioneer in agricultural science Luther A. Burbank (1849-1926). Includes views of the Luther Burbank Home & Gardens in Santa Rosa, California and photographs and silent archival footage of Burbank. Also features an interview with Judge Hilliard Comstock, who shares his personal recollections of working with Burbank and reflects on his character. This film was written and produced by Caryl Coleman and directed by Dick Williams.
Added to San Francisco Bay Area Television Archive on October 16, 2011.
- Type of material: documentary film
- Duration: 24:36
- Rights for this video belong to: CBS5 KPIX-TV
- Recording medium: 16mm color optical sound film
- Date aired: c1967
- Originally aired on: KPIX-TV
- KPIX 146808.mp4 (198.28 MB – MPEG4 video)
- Views: 5131 (3718 for this version)