Vines in the Sun (Updated over a year ago)
KPIX-TV doucumentary from c1962, narrated by Burgess Meredith, about the history of Northern California's wine industry. Includes shots of many archival photographs featuring notable personalities and wineries from the Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries, which are edited to Mozart's Serenade No. 10 (conducted by Libor Pesek). This film was written and photographed by Arthur Bleich, produced by Ray Hubbard and directed by Dick Williams.
Tags: anna held, arthur bleich, berenger vineyard, charles krug, count agoston haraszthy, dick williams, gustave niebaum, inglenook winery, korbel winery, libor pesek, livermore valley, napa valley, ray hubbard, schramsberg vineyard, wine industry
Added to San Francisco Bay Area Television Archive on March 20, 2010.
- Originally aired on: KPIX-TV
- Date aired: c1962
- Recording medium: 16mm b&w optical sound film
- Rights for this video belong to: CBS5 KPIX-TV
- Duration: 24:06
- Type of material: documentary film
- KPIX 146809.mp4 (190.58 MB – MPEG4 video)
- Views: 1576 (1576 for this version)
- Imported from external collection.
- Update by Alex Cherian over a year ago