"It’s fun to eat" with Elena (Updated over a year ago)
KPIX-TV cooking program, produced in San Francisco by Richard Dinsmore, featuring scenes of Elena Zelayeta and her son Billy demonstrating how to prepare a pickled tuna recipe using 'fresherator' cookware products. This program was filmed by Willat and Diner to air in the Los Angeles area and was written by Jean Welke. It is of note that Elena was blind and had strings attached to her ankles on-set. There were two cameras filming her and when she needed to turn from one camera to another, someone would tug on the appropriate string to let her know (S.F. Examiner, 2/3/1953).
Added to San Francisco Bay Area Television Archive on September 25, 2011.
- Originally aired on: KPIX-TV
- Date aired: c1950s
- Recording medium: 16mm b&w optical sound
- Rights for this video belong to: CBS5 KPIX-TV
- Duration: 11:34
- Type of material: special program
- KPIX 146814.mp4 (97.31 MB – MPEG4 video)
- Views: 3516 (2729 for this version)