Psychedelic Generation Gap (Updated over a year ago)
KRON-TV News report from San Francisco in c1968, featuring brief scenes of the Thelin brothers (who run the Psychedelic Shop in Haight-Ashbury) reflecting on the counter-culture movement. Ron Thelin states: "I think San Francisco is the holy city. I think it's going to be the Mecca of the west." Ends with Jay Thelin recommending that parents should try "turning on" (getting high) with their children.
Added to San Francisco Bay Area Television Archive on September 25, 2011.
- Originally aired on: KRON-TV
- Date aired: c1968
- Recording medium: 16mm, color co-magnetic sound film
- Rights for this video belong to: KRON-TV
- Duration: 1:11
- Type of material: archival news film
- KRON 16-3.mp4 (9.39 MB – MPEG4 video)
- Views: 3532 (2761 for this version)