Seale on non violence & Bobby Hutton (Updated over a year ago)
Please note: the 16mm film camera mechanism is partially audible in this clip. KPIX Eyewitness News report from August 29th 1968 featuring a press conference with Bobby Seale, who discusses the Black Panthers position on non violence and the shooting of Bobby Hutton by Oakland police. He explains that: "We want non violence. Just like Martin Luther King but ... we must defend ourselves. As Malcolm X said, by any means necessary. We don't attack anyone but when attacked."
Added to San Francisco Bay Area Television Archive on October 23, 2011.
- Type of material: archival newsfilm
- Duration: 1:31
- Rights for this video belong to: CBS5 KPIX-TV
- Recording medium: 16mm b&w co-magnetic sound film
- Date aired: 8/29/68
- Originally aired on: KPIX-TV
- KPIX 36448.mp4 (12.52 MB – MPEG4 video)
- Views: 3663 (3003 for this version)