Portrait: Jesse Fuller
A KRON-TV film documentary featuring the last public concert given by one man band musician Jesse Fuller, in Oakland Museum's Cowell Hall on May 7th 1971. Fuller is seen playing several songs (including 'San Francisco Bay Blues') and bantering with the audience, recalling how he appeared in Raoul Walsh's 1924 movie 'The Thief of Bagdad'. Also includes close-up views of him playing his guitar and fotdella (a foot operated percussion bass) and talking about his playing style. Begins and ends with brief scenes of Fuller walking around his Oakland neighborhood. This film was made in cooperation with the Oakland Museum.
Added to Bay Area Television Archive on September 25, 2011.
- Originally aired on: KRON-TV
- Date aired: 1971
- Recording medium: 16mm color, optical sound film
- Rights for this video belong to: KRON-TV
- Duration: 25:12
- Type of material: documentary film
- KRON 20.mp4 (207.29 MB – MPEG4 video)
- Views: 6210 (5300 for this version)