Please note: This 'kinescope' recording was originally made in 1953 by filming the picture from a live video monitor. The picture quality - especially sharpness - is much lower than the rest of our footage produced on 16mm film. KPIX-TV and the San Francisco Museum of Art present an episode in the 'Discovery' series about the art of weaving. Features host Dr Lloyd Luckmann discussing the function and design of fabric with a machine weaver and being shown how to operate a loom. Also includes a message from Barbara Gifford on behalf of the Museum of Art about their collections of decorative arts and a demonstration by Maurice Sands (1906-2006) on how to use fabric effectively for interior design.
Added to Bay Area Television Archive on September 24, 2011.
- Type of material: series
- Duration: 29:19
- Rights for this video belong to: CBS5 KPIX-TV
- Recording medium: 16mm b&w, optical sound kinescope film
- Date aired: 12/13/53
- Originally aired on: KPIX-TV
- KPIX 146823.mp4 (241.98 MB – MPEG4 video)
- Views: 2637 (2407 for this version)