Interview with Doris Brown (Updated over a year ago)
KPIX Eyewitness report from October 17th 1968 by Barry Tompkins featuring a trackside interview with 800m Olympic athlete Doris Brown, at the U.S. Olympic team's Echo Lake training camp (Eldorado County, CA). She discusses the benefits of training at altitude, her chances in the 800m race (and those of her team mate Madeline Manning) and her daily training schedule. It should be noted that Manning won the women's 800m gold medal at the 1968 Mexico summer Olympics and Brown finished fifth. Brown (born Doris Severtson) was five time world cross country champion from 1967-72 and is a former world record holder at 3000m and 2 miles. She was inducted into the USA Track & Field Hall of Fame in 1990.
Added to San Francisco Bay Area Television Archive on April 26, 2012.
- Originally aired on: KPIX-TV
- Date aired: 10/17/1968
- Recording medium: 16mm b&w, magnetic sound film
- Rights for this video belong to: CBS5 KPIX-TV
- Duration: 1:10
- Type of material: newsfilm
- KPIX 36925.mp4 (14.38 MB – MPEG4 video)
- Views: 1164 (1162 for this version)