Interview with Black Panthers legal counselor (Updated over a year ago)
KPIX footage taken after May 3rd, 1967 featuring and interview with Black Panthers legal counselor Larry Carlton(?), who responds to questions about the recent charges of conspiracy filed against his clients after members of the Black Panthers carried guns into the California State Capitol in Sacramento, calling the act "a civil rights protest." Ends with silent views of Bobby Seale and Huey P. Newton standing in the lobby of a building. Also see KPIX 31184 an 31176. Remastered, edited and catalogued for the web by Shira Peltzman.
Added to San Francisco Bay Area Television Archive on July 11, 2012.
- Type of material: archival newsfilm
- Duration: 01:33
- Rights for this video belong to: CBS5 KPIX-TV
- Recording medium: 16mm b+w co-magnetic sound film
- Date aired: circa May 1967
- Originally aired on: KPIX-TV