About this collection
The California State University Social Science Research and Instructional Center provides:
- Support for CSU student, faculty, and staff users of subscription data bases from the Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR), the Field Poll, and the Roper Center, as well as of unrestricted data bases.
- Workshops on use of these data, as well as on SPSS, SDA, GIS, and other topics as needed. Provided at no cost to CSU campuses. Other institutions: please contact us for more information.
- The annual SSRIC Student Research Conference. Open to undergraduate and graduate students at CSU and to students at commmunity colleges.
- Research and training opportunities through the Field Poll Faculty Fellowship and Question Credit programs and the ICPSR Summer Training Program.
- Value-added teaching resources, including modules, exercises, and online textbooks. Most of these materials are freely available.
Governance: Overseeing the Center is the Social Science Research and Instructional Council. Founded in 1972, the Council is the oldest of the disciplinary councils in the California State University system. With representatives from each of the CSU campuses, the Council is dedicated to assisting students and faculty in their learning, teaching, and research by: