A History of EOP The Living Legacy of the 1968 Strike (Updated over a year ago)
You can view this bundle in the College of Ethnic Studies collection area.
This symposium will be a brief history of the State Strike and the continued work and struggles of the Educational Opportunity Program. It will cover the initial 1968 strike and the 1969 Harmer Bill which established EOP programs throughout California. It will also cover the mid -1980s when EOP lost its legislative protection language and the attempt to dismantle EOP programs statewide. In 2004 when Arnold Schwarzenegger was elected governor, the struggle to maintain EOP was reignited. This presentation will cover EOP's statewide efforts to save and continue the work of EOP. http://ethnicstudies.sfsu.edu
Added to College of Ethnic Studies on February 17, 2014.
- Provided by: College of Ethnic Studies
- Recorded on: 10/29/08
- Rights for this video belong to: College of Ethnic Studies San Francisco State University
- Type of material: Video
- Publisher: Dr. Ken Monteiro, Dean of the College of Ethnic Studies San Francisco State University
- Duration: 0:59:44
A History of EOP The Living Legacy of the 1968 Strike.mp4 (403.19 MB – MPEG4 video)
- Downloads: 190 (190 for this version)
- Views: 1355 (1355 for this version)
- Imported from external collection.
- Update by DIVA Digitization Team over a year ago